Wednesday 20 January 2010

As you think so you shall be

Or in my case, as you think AND feel so you shall be. Unfortunately my training in Paris has been interrupted by a throat infection that I picked up soon after arriving. I am just about to finish my course of antibiotics and thankfully I feel much better. I was in two minds about competing on Sunday but decided, in my frustration, to fence and give it my best shot. I passed the first round of poules and my first direct elimination fine but shortly after ran out of steam and felt quite weak. Apart from feeling a little frustrated, the competition was fun and friendly. I was impressed with the efficacy of its organisation and it attracted some strong international fencers. I would certainly like to do it again if I can next year. It is a great warm-up for the up-coming season. And now that I feel much better I can look forward to making the most of my last week of training in Paris. Allez allez!

No comments:

Post a Comment